Inspiration and Dedication


Marty Mills took me under his wing my freshman year in 2006. He told me he would work with me till the girl’s basketball team had a State Championship under their belts. That year we made it to the Semi-finals. Which, I have to agree, was a whole lot farther than anyone thought we were going to go. But Marty Mills, he believed in us and he knows how strong our hearts, even though we didn't at the time. His dedication to the girl’s basketball team and to our strength and condition brought us through Sectionals, Regionals, and saw us almost prevail in the Semi-finals. I owe so much to this man for teaching me the correct technique and improving my strength, my speed, my agility, as well as my heart. I have never met a man more dedicated to inspiring young adults to achieve their dreams. Looking back at these last four years, I have concluded that without Marty Mills pushing me to push myself I would not be attending Wright State University on a full ride scholarship to continue my basketball career. Thanks to this man, I can walk into the weight room at WSU and know what my new strength and conditioning coach is talking about, as well as be on top of my game on the court. Past college, I plan on playing basketball overseas. I have never thought it possible, but because of Marty Mills dedication, I have found so much heart for my sport, and I never want to stop pushing myself to success.

Kirsten Gliesmann – Wright State University Basketball
Four Year Starter & Started on the Final Four Team