Coach Mills


I was first introduced to the Olympic Lifting style and Coach Mills in fifth grade when I participated in a speed improvement course through the high school's football coach. This helped prepare me for my freshman year when I began using these lifting styles to improve my athletics in High School. Being a three sport athlete, lifting was key in order for me to achieve our team and my personal goals. Coach Mills would always have easy to follow workouts for us to complete. However, he would first start with the fundamentals of the lift. There was no point in lifting if you were not doing it correctly because you would more likely to injure yourself. My last semester of my senior year I even joined our school's women’s lifting team. That really sparked an interest in lifting for me and in that short time of about five months I increased all my max outs substantially. Now I am getting ready to enter my sophomore year at UIndy and I am a thrower on the track team. I have noticed a huge drop-off from my college lifting to that of high school. Coach Mills and his program gave me the tools to workout and gain strength that my college has not. I have taken these tools to continue on in my college career and even teach of few of my teammates the lifts. My coaches at college were extremely impressed by the fact that I knew my lifts and understood the fundamentals as well. Coach Mills does an outstanding job of preparing anyone who wants to reach a goal in the weight room; whatever that may be.

Katy Watson – University of Indianapolis Track
All-State 2008 & 2009