The key to Center Grove's 2008 State Championship


My class of 2009 started our weightlifting program with Coach Moore and Mills in 3rd grade. Coach Mills was our secret weapon as he consistently coached us and designed our workouts to be the fastest, strongest, and meanest football players we could be. As I entered my freshmen year I was bench pressing about 185lbs, squatting 225lbs, and cleaning 185 lbs. Just two years into Coach Mills intense program I was bench pressing 365lbs, squatting 445lbs, and power cleaning 315. Coach Mills mixed up upper and lower body workouts along with speed and power lifting. All of this was in combination with weighted abs and pushups daily. Coach Mills developed us physically more than any other coach and was essential to our state championship.

Trey Thompson – Indiana University Football
All-State Starting Offensive Lineman on the 2008 State Championship Football Team.