Overwhelming Passion


To describe Marty Mills as a dedicated individual would be a completely false representation of his character. I say this because it would be severely understating his passion for educating and training his students. Coach Mills has the ability to work with anyone and allow them to go above and beyond any goal they dream to achieve. For instance, I stand at 5'2", weighing in at about 100 pounds and lift next to our 6', 250 pound football players. Coach Mills creates a lifting environment that has athletes excelling in every area of their game, no matter what their age, size, or gender. All four years of high school I have trained under the coaching of Marty Mills and each year I continue to excel in both Varsity Softball and Varsity Basketball. In 2009, Center Grove Softball won the 5A state championship and owes a large portion of that accomplishment to the work Coach Mills put into training each of us. In the future, I plan to attend IU and obtain my education degree in hopes of becoming a teacher and lifting coach. I will continue giving credit to Coach Mills for pushing me to be the best and also inspiring me to pursue a career in athletic training in the future.

Amber Elsey – Center Grove Female Athlete of the Year
Staring Shortstop on the 2009 State Championship Team