Center Grove point guard Marlin will play for Fife at IPFW

Jonny Marlin decided he had waited long enough. The 5-11 senior-to-be from Center Grove committed to IPFW and coach Dane Fife on Saturday.

"Coach Fife has a lot of enthusiasm, and I thought, 'Why wait?' " said Marlin, a point guard . "They have a good young coaching staff that wants to win and seem to have a lot of fun doing it."

Marlin averaged 15 points, 6.5 assists, 3.1 steals and four rebounds as a junior for Center Grove (17-4). He also had offers from Bucknell, Hartford, Morehead State and Tennessee-Martin.

Marlin said he had an "awesome" unofficial visit to IPFW in late June.
"I like where the program is headed," he said. "I've heard a lot of great things about how tough coach Fife was as a player and I know he will make me better."